Saturday, October 29, 2005

10/29/05 Snow in Boston

Train from Providence to Boston. The attractive blonde in the seat near me hands her ticket to the conductor only to discover this is not the train to New Haven. She's going the wrong way. She slumps in her seat.

Boston is cold and i have an hour to hustle up to the Burlington Barnes & Noble for my 2pm "event." I'm told this is one of the largest B&Ns in the US. They're right. It's enormous. The staff eye the growing blizard outside and wonder how it will affect my audience. I'm relaxed. Turns out they're right -- It's a small audience, particularly when compared to Brown or Apple, but the small crew buy books.



It's a friggin' $100 cab ride back to Cambridge. "Surcharge" for godknowshwat and i just want to rest. Long days. Time for roomservice and a bad hotel movie. Don't forget to change your clocks.

Museum of Science in the morning, then fly home for halloween. I miss the family. 24 hours then its off to LA. Jennifer emails me a poem every day. Tonights':

"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."
--George Moore

No comments: